Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Y oh me

I was given the advice to be flexible and adapt while on the trip.  Nothing goes according to plan.  Historically I have not been good with compromising, but whether it is being on vacation, no stress of a job or having a special someone, I am very relaxed and trying to go with the flow.  I had planned 4 days in Wyoming.  I could not find any reasonable accommodations to go to Yellowstone and the Grand Teton area to stay, especially for the weekend.  So while, I initially planned to go Ft. Laramie on Friday, Yellowstone on Saturday, Grand Tetons on Sunday and Jackson Hole on Monday, that plan needed to be scrapped.  I headed towards Laramie, instead of Ft. Laramie. 
  Did you know there are speed limits of 80 mph in Wyoming?  Made a stop to see another tribute to Abe.

Just because the speed limit is 80, does not mean you can do whatever you want.  Trouble could be lurking.
  Jackson Territorial Prison for those that do not follow the rules.  You wondered why I fell behind in my blogging???  Talk about the wild west.  The wardens have unlimited power and can adjust your sentences, shorter or longer at their whim.  This is the same prison that once held Butch Cassidy.
  Hmm.  I have a Jewish Uncle Billy with the same last name who I think came from Polish descent.  I wonder if there is any relation to this killer who was also incarcerated here.  I know I had some relatives that used to be in the Purple Gang (an old Jewish mob in Detroit).  I did not know we may have had a convicted killer related to someone in the family.

  Remember Clint Eastwood in "Hang Em High"?  They threw him in the back of the prison wagon.  Yeesh, and I thought Detroit was tough when I scalped a ticket.  All this for 3 mph over.

They haven't made the prison that can hold me yet.  Back on the road.



1 comment:

  1. Just because you were in jail is no excuse to fall behind in your blogging.
    Guru

    ReplyDelete