Tuesday, June 21, 2016

On to Kansas

Kansas plan included stopping in Abilene for another presidential tour.  The Eisenhower museum and complex.
First up was breakfast at the Whistle Stop Café a 1/2 block from the Eisenhower complex.

  Ike in a classic pose.
  The Presidential prayer hanging where Ike and Mamie are interned.

Across the street from the Eisenhower Museum, was another HOF.
  Mike and Ginger.  Guess which one was a champion Greyhound racer.  Picture at the Greyhound HOF.
  Some of the various trophies given out in Greyhound racing.

  After leaving Abilene, I stopped in Russell, KS at the Oil Patch Museum.  a model of a derrick.

  Some equipment on the grounds at the museum.

This wrapped up 2 full weeks on the road.  Wednesday is an ambitious day.  We will see what I get done.








2 comments:

  1. There is greyhound racing here in Jacksonville, but I've never been. And I always wondered where the Oil Patch Museum was......NOT!
    Be safe!
    Guru

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to see some greyhound BUS racing.

    ...I wonder if I could chain Mike to something so he is stuck in Denver long enough for me to get him into a Coors Brewery tour. ...'ta hail with the Rockies ball game and those $9 beers; go on a Coors factory tour and get FREE beer!!!

    ReplyDelete