Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Kansas continued

Week 3 kicked off with me in Hays, KS.  Went to the Sternberg Museum and they had some excellent fossils.  Look at the smile on this one.

  A big exhibit of relatives of mine (aka rattle snakes).  Typical length of rattle snakes.  This proves I am not the biggest snake out there!

  A local library contains a museum.  Excellent piece of woodworking.
  Went to the Stone Gallery.  It is a hole in the wall.  Talented artist who had sculptures around town. 

  Made my way to the Kit Carson County Carousel Museum.  Notice any resemblance between Kit and I???  Not sure I have ever looked better!

  Best 2 bits I have spent so far on the trip.  25 cents for a carousel ride.

  Wrapped up the day at a Railroad car museum.  An old fashioned food car on a train. 









1 comment:

  1. Q: What do a divorce in Alabama, a tornado in Kansas, and a hurricane in Florida have in common?
    A: Somebody's fixin' to lose them a trailer.
    Guru

    ReplyDelete