Tuesday, June 28, 2016

BOY the things you SEE

I stayed in Boise, ID area on Sunday nite.  A lot of things are closed in ID on Sundays and Mondays.  The tour book did give a couple of places.  An Anne Frank inspired Civil Rights park. 
  At least they acknowledge it is an unlikely match, Anne Frank & Idaho.  Civil Rights matter everywhere.  They have the UN Charter carved into displays.  With the upcoming elections, I would urge everyone to check out the original UN Charter, which Eleanor Roosevelt was very instrumental in getting drafted.  We have strayed far from the Charter, not just worldwide, but in the US. 

  Very impressive and moving park.  Various quotes are inscribed in the walls.   Most moving place I have been to on the trip so far.  Who would have thought ID would have 2 of the trip highlights?

  My science center membership has long since paid for itself.  Another place where I got to be 12.  I was tired so I took a nap on this bed of nails.  This was no pointless experiment.

Tour Book lists a Money Museum, with a gold display, in Baker City.  Turns out it is inside a US Bank branch.    This took almost 5 minutes on the trip.
On to Oregon.




3 comments:

  1. Wow, what great recaps! Glad you got out of jail!
    XXX OOO
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't able to get my camera quick enough, but you should have seen the leapfrogging of the seat benches at Red Rocks. ...totally took my breath away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ancient Chinese Proverb: Man who sleep in bed of nails is holy.
    Guru

    ReplyDelete