Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Negro League Hall of Fame

I looked forward to Friday, with more anticipation than any day, since day 1 of the trip.  The Negro League HOF during the day and Abby flying in to join me in the afternoon.  The AAA tour guide made it sound like the Negro League HOF was not that big and to allow a 1/2 hour to see it.  I was totally engrossed.  I spent 3 hours going through the museum.  Fascinating.
  Some of the immortals on the field. 
  They knew better than to argue with the ump.

  A mural a block from the museum. 

As anal as I can be, I have noticed errors in placards and signs at the various museums I have been to.  The Negro League HOF had numerous errors throughout the museum.  These are not things carved in stone, and could be easily corrected.  To be a more professional museum, they should make the corrections.  I believe I found at least 15 typos, spelling errors, and/or grammatical errors.  Frank Robinson, should take great offense to the multiple typos about his career.




1 comment:

  1. according to Wiki the "Field of Legends" include: C Josh Gibson, 1B Buck Leonard, 2B Pop Lloyd, SS Judy Johnson, 3B Ray Dandridge, OF Cool Papa Bell, Oscar Charleston, and Leon Day, P Satchel Paige, at bat Martín Dihigo.
    Nice report Mike!

    ReplyDelete