Monday, June 13, 2016

Day 5 Is a Dream

The goal for Day 5 was to visit the Field of Dreams Movie Site in Dyersville, IA.  While in MN, I had contacted OBC friendly dealer, Jerry Nelson.  He happens to live close to Clear Lake (and actually has a place on the lake!), which is where "Rock and Roll went to die".  Jerry and his wife were able to meet up with me for lunch and then took me to the Surf Ballroom, which is the last place Buddy Holly played at the nite of the plane crash.
Jerry Nelson and I at the Surf Ballroom.
Some of the items on display at the Surf Ballroom.  They were kind enough to let us in, although they were closed to get ready for a wedding. 

Jerry not only bought my lunch (excellent meat sauce on the spaghetti at the "Other Place") (actual name) restaurant, but gave me a number of CD's to listen to on the road, as I had forgot to pack any.
Then on to the Field of Dreams.  It truly is in the middle of nowhere, is a 10 - 15 minute stop, with nothing to do but look at the field, run the bases, etc., but to a baseball lover such as myself, has a magical feel to it.
At bat at the Field of Dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment