Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Moon Walking

 Sunday's plan was to go to Crater's of the Moon in Idaho.  I then noticed another stop. 

  What mad scientist could resist going to the first Nuclear Power Plant.  I wonder how much radiation could be leaking from a plant this old.  I hope no one is expecting kids from me.

  I am not saying I am on top of the world or that there are some desolate places in the west, but...

  Craters of the Moon is from all the lava flows over the years.  NASA even does tests out here for the Martian Land Rovers, due to the terrain. A ton of walking on some of the trails.  Little shade in most areas and hot sun.  Result more sunburn.  This time on the neck.  Will I ever learn???
  A cave we explored.  I was smart enough to go on a guided tour for the cave only.
  Craters of the Moon was an unexpected highlight on the trip so far.  Maybe not number 1, but a definite highlight.






2 comments:

  1. The SPF rating is a measure of the fraction of sunburn-producing UV rays that reach the skin. For example, "SPF 15" means that 1/15th of the burning radiation will reach the skin, assuming sunscreen is applied evenly at a thick dosage of 2 milligrams per square centimeter (mg/cm2).
    Guru

    ReplyDelete