Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Abby joins me for the weekend

Abby made it town Friday afternoon in time for us to go to the Tigers v Royals game again.
  The only bright spot of the game.  Abby joined me as the Tigers got clobbered.

Saturday we went to see the city.  There was a Trolley Tour starting at 10:00 in front of Union Station.  Unlike St. Louis, this one was bustling.  We got there before 10, but the tour was full.  We bought tickets for the noon tour, and went inside.  There was a Science Center that my membership got us in for free.

  A chair that spins as you sit.  I better work on my diet, as I initially did not spin, and instead was stuck in a reclined position. 

  On the city tour

  The nation's only Official World War I museum and monument. 

  After the tour, back in to Union Station.  They have a model railroad exhibit.  Multiple exhibits and very elaborate. 

It was time for a late lunch/early dinner.  We decided to try KC BBQ.  Arthur Bryant's had a line around the block!  In the 95+ heat, we proceeded to Gates BBQ.  Line was only to the door.  Done buffet line style, so it went fairly quickly.  We split a slab, or should I say, Abby had a few bones from the short end and I finished the slab!  Very Good, but I do not think it was better than what I have had at some places in Detroit. 
While the tour bus was air conditioned, it was still very warm.  It took a lot out of me/us and we called it an early day.  We were too tired to try and go to the Tigers game in person.  Good thing, as the Tigers were crushed.

Sunday, Abby and I went back to Independence for a Frontier Museum.

The weekend was way too short.

After dropping Abby off at the airport, I left Missouri and headed west to Kansas. 

  I was able to make it to Topeka in time to take in Brown v Topeka Board of Education museum. 








3 comments:

  1. Thanks for such a fun weekend!

    XXXOOO
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd forgotten....
    Brown v Topeka (1954), was a landmark United States Supreme Court case in which the Court declared state laws establishing separate public schools for black and white students to be unconstitutional.
    PS Abby makes your pictures look a lot nicer LOL!
    Guru

    ReplyDelete
  3. From your model railroad mention/pic. If you are in the area in PA, were into model making or trains, or want to channel your inner Sheldon Cooper, I'd recommend checking out Roadside America (http://roadsideamericainc.com/)

    ReplyDelete