Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Truman

It is a lot tougher blogging than I thought it would be.  Just finding time either at the end of the day or in the morning.  At nite, I have been pretty worn out, especially after a ballgame.  In the mornings, I am trying to make sure I have my plans set for the day, including where I may spend the nite.  When I left St. Louis, I headed to Columbia, MO.  There is a title company, Agents Title, that I hoped to meet up with the founder.  That did not work out, although I did meet up with their Senior Underwriting Counsel on Friday morning in KC.  A solid and growing company, that I will need to keep my eye on, as they hope to expand to Michigan in the next year or so.
While in Columbia, I went to the Masons MO headquarters building.  They have a museum there, although it does not get much traffic.  When I showed up they had to open the museum for me.  I never knew much about the Masons or Masonic Lodges.  Many of our early founders, starting with George Washington were Masons. 
MO's favorite son, and former Mason head, was Harry S. Truman.  Even as President of the US, he showed up at a Mason meeting and put on his ceremonial robe.
  Harry as a Mason.
On the way to KC, I stopped in Independence, MO, the hometown of Harry Truman.  Similar to when I was in the Springfield area and saw a lot of Lincoln highlights, I was able to see a lot of Truman highlights. 
  Harry was looking for good consultants, and all he could get was me.
  The famous, "The Buck Stops Here" plaque Harry kept on his desk. 



1 comment: