Monday, July 4, 2016

Taking off in Seattle

Rick Lyons had arranged 4 tickets for us to go to the Mariners game on June 30.  David Fallen and the Mrs. joined us at some great seats. 
  David on the left and Rick to the right. 
 
Before the game, Rick had come down early enough that we went to the Museum of Flight.  A few interesting exhibits and all types of planes on the ground, some hanging in the air and a few more outside the building.
Before meeting up with Rick, I had gone to a few more museums in the city.

  Plotting on how to get my hands on the gold at the Klondike Gold Rush Museum.
  I do not know about you, but how comfortable are you if they send out this Fire Department.  Look at the sign. 
  I hope these are just for display and not equipment they are still using.  Seattle Fire Department & Museum.
Had a great time in Seattle, although after the ballgame, the 5 lane highway was down to 1 lane and took me an extra 45 minutes to get to my motel that nite.  It was great to meet 2 more OBCers in person.  In addition to their company and Rick arranging the tickets, they both gave me some cards, including a T-206 and a C-46 from David.
Back to Oregon on Friday.






2 comments: