Monday, July 25, 2016

El Paso

Having arrived in El Paso Wednesday nite, I spent Thursday with Richard and Rosemarie.  After breakfast, Richard took me to the El Paso card shop.  As with many card shops they sold other items, such as toys, military action figures, etc.  I do believe this is the first card shop I was ever at that also sold SHOES!  The store seemed to be aimed at football collectors, mainly the Cowboys, even though that is many hours away and in a different time zone.  I did spot some Churchman Kings of Speed cards buried in a showcase.  It took a while for him to find them even though I kept pointing to them.  It was labeled as a full set.  He agreed to $20.  Richard also found a box of cards, and we negotiated a further 10% discount.  Back at Richard's later I realized it was not just a full set, but also included duplicate numbers 1 - 20. 
Richard has a great way of displaying his RC Cola and other pop cans.
They also took me sight seeing. 
  At UTEP Stadium which is the home of the Sun Bowl.
 


We then went to the El Paso Chihuahua AAA game. 

  While I did not have a Chihuahua in the fight as to whom won the game, I thought some of the concessions were interesting.  Many items were sold in dog bowls.  Nachos, ice cream, etc.

  After the game they took me on a drive.  The red X is the Mexican border crossing.  It was only a few blocks from the ballpark.
  Richard and I playing with the cards he picked up.
Thanks to Rosemarie for a delicious breakfast and to them both for great hospitality.  Next up Carlsbad Caverns.


3 comments:

  1. Lets Go Chihuahuas Lets Go!
    Lets Go Chihuahuas Lets Go!
    Lets Go Chihuahuas Lets Go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shirts, Richard and Mike!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here, here; nice call, Aaron. Those shirts are indeed prime time, super classy, high end body wear!!!

      Delete