Thursday, July 7, 2016

Giant Pike

I was able to take Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) to Oakland to meet up with Ed Pike who lives in San Francisco, but works in Oakland.
  Ed not only handed me some sports cards (see the table), but treated me a delicious chicken kabob lunch.  Ed is a vegetarian, but still a great guy.   It was great to finally meet in person.
  I then went down to Jack London Square.  Lots to see and do there.  This was a Lightship.  How do you spell Relief?   It got its name as this ship was sent out to replace other lightships, when they needed maintenance.  It was actually closed for the week, but I was allowed on board and given a private tour again.  Amazing how accommodating everyone has been with me during this trip.
  At Merritt Lake they have numerous gardens of various types.  This is the Golden Gate Bonsai Botanical Gardens.  I have liked Bonsai trees ever since Karate Kid movies. 
  At the Nature Center at Lake Merritt.  Funny scenes watching people feed the birds.  There were numerous goose fights over bread.
  Back on BART, across the bay to San Francisco.  Continued my hiking through these major towns.  Ended up at the Cable Car Museum. 
My kind of place. 
  Proper justice.
  Say Hey!   Outside of the new AT&T park.  Carolyn joined me for the game.
  Beautiful stadium with the bay in the background.
  The Bay Bridge lit up from AT&T park as the game ended.  What a great nite.










2 comments:

  1. "Ed is a vegetarian, but still a great guy". ummmm what?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "There were numerous goose fights over bread". Anyone who has dined with Mike knows he judges restaurants solely on their bread baskets. Too bad there isn't a photo of Mike fending off the geese just so he could claim his share of the bread (and their share as well).

    ReplyDelete