Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Happy 4th of July

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July and weekend.  We spent a very American 4th of July.  Gary, Carolyn and I, with some neighbors went to the Fremont 4th of July parade. 
  Is it just me, or does it look like Uncle Sam is ready for a fight?
  The sign says it all.
  This may have been the longest parade I ever saw in person.  Numerous great floats.

After the parade and lunch, on to the Altameda County Fair and fireworks.
  The Chinese acrobats were very impressive.
  I will leave the comments for others.
  Fireworks were accompanied by the Oakland Symphony.  We had "reserved" seating at the Altameda Racetrack, the oldest racetrack in the country.
We also got to hear a couple other bands during the day at the fair.  Carolyn even got me up to dance once.  A truly spectacular 4th of July.  Tuesday is off to wine country for this non-drinker.






1 comment:

  1. Those fireworks look a little to close for me. Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete