Monday, July 11, 2016

Do you know the way to San Jose

That was a family favorite song growing up.  Thursday was to be an R&R day for me before starting on the road again on Friday.  After catching up the blog on Thursday morning, I finally got moving and went to another card shop.  This one was in San Jose. 
They had a few things I needed (Southern League T-206's, etc.), and his prices were probably reasonable, if you were only looking for 1 or 2 cards.  I am looking for a deal price on a larger lot.  I ended up only getting a single card.  A 1939 Playball Hi # Hershberger.  The significance?  It completes my base set!  1939 & 1941 Playball are now done! 
I then drove back across the "Nasty Nimitz" Highway and went to music in the park in Fremont.  It was a CW band and quite enjoyable, as was the BBQ Beef sandwich at the concession there. 

I want to again thank Carolyn & Gary for their amazing hospitality for the almost week I stayed there.  They have a very nice place, and were very inviting.  You should see some of the other guests.
  If you cannot tell there are a couple of snails on the front sidewalk.  Gary used to scoop them up and feed them to a turtle in the back.  The turtle is now gone, so the snails are somewhat safe.

They also had a couple of possums walk across the top of the fence in the back yard.

2 comments:

  1. no way that snail outruns a turtle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way that a snail outlives a turtle! No way that Mike tries to eat a snail or a turtle, either.

    ReplyDelete