Monday, July 11, 2016

Feel the Burn

Today's headline could have had a number of titles.  To get from Fresno to Oak Park, I had to pass through another small mountain range (elevation only 4300 feet).   Randy had suggested I stop off at Ft. Tejon State Park for a stretch of the legs and a photo op.  It is just pass the summit.  Just before I got there, I got a photo op:
  I was so close I could feel the heat from the fire.  It appears the driver and everyone else got out safely.
I made it to Ft. Tejon for a quick stop.


Back on the highway and shortly later traffic then was backed up due to gawkers.  There was nothing on the highway, but across the way, officials were gathering their resources, such as fire trucks, and other responders.
  If you look closely that is a fire on the mountain.  For those of us in the Midwest, we hear about these things, but do not experience them.  There were homes very close tot eh fire, but last I heard, none were burned.  This was scarier than the truck fire, and both were seen within an hour.

Then on to John's house.
  Above the front door.  John told me it is a rotating display throughout the year.  I guess I will have to visit more often to see other items.

A short hello, as it has been 8 years since we last saw each other and on to the Dodgers.
  It was a golden time.
  After the game they showed the movie, Top Gun, on the video boards.  Those that had bleacher seats were allowed on to the field, bit not their dogs.  It was dog day at the park, and people brought lots of dogs.  Joh n and I were wondering what as to be done with dogs there for about 5 hours.  Inquiring minds want to know!

It was another great day, although this park shows it is one of the oldest in baseball.  The screens need to be updated.  Biggest issue is that while I understand not letting those of us in the cheap seats being able to go to the lower level, some of the food choices were only on 1 level.  I was not able to buy the food I wanted because they only offered it in sections I was not able to get to.  While the park was barely 1/2 full,, the lines to the concession stands were among the largest I have seen outside Opening Day.




2 comments:

  1. Maverick: Tower, this is Ghost Rider requesting a flyby.

    Air Boss Johnson: Negative, Ghost Rider, the pattern is full.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta get me one of those chairs that looks like a baseball glove. How much to ship one from LA to Michigan?

    ReplyDelete