Tuesday, August 9, 2016

I spent Monday at the American History Smithsonian Museum. 
  On my way to the museum.
  Across from the American History Smithsonian.
  A sign near the Julia Child exhibit.  My mother may have snuck this in.  Sad, but probably true sentiment.
  An exhibit on travel.  It states I-10 goes for 2500 miles.  I think I only did about 1500+ of them on this trip!
  Not the normal picture of George Washington I am used to seeing.
  Would someone please show this to out presidential candidates, or better yet, the American electorate!
  I walked out of the museum and saw the Good Humor truck and thought an ice cream would be great.  Alas, it is just another exhibit for the museum.
  Who is the true thinker here???  The most intriguing item in the sculpture garden to me.

Tuesday, a tour and the Air and Space Museum before the Washington nationals game.  Thanks to Ed for arranging the ticket, even though he cannot join us.   I leave town Wednesday morning as the trip is now 9 weeks old and is winding down.








1 comment:

  1. I remember the Good Humor man, but I also remember a truck from a local bakery would drive down our street and sell fresh doughnuts. And of course we had a milk man too.

    ReplyDelete