Monday, August 1, 2016

Come on Ichiro

On Saturday afternoon I received a call from Larry Tipton reminding me that Ichiro had 2998 hits and depending on how he did that nite, may be going for 3000 while I was at the Miami game.  The Marlins were facing the Cardinals.  I was now worried about getting a ticket at a reasonable cost.  I immediately went on line to buy a ticket and my first choice was sold while my order was processing.  I ended up getting a nice ticket in the Lexus Level.  I did have row 1, seat 1, but ended up moving over to a mainly empty section next door and found Lenny who was sitting by himself.  Lenny is also doing a baseball stadium tour, although mainly minor league parks.  he is a BIG Cardinals fan and had been there the previous 2 nites as well.  Unfortunately for both of us, the Marlins whipped the Cardinals 11-0, and Ichiro did not start the game.  He did get into the game and went 0 for 2. 
  Every time the Marlins hit a home run, this lit up and the marlin flew.

  They had a great bobble head display at the park.  Notice the Tigers Paws 2nd row from the bottom.

  It was "Zombie" nite at the ball park.  Here they are dancing to the Michael Jackson Thriller.

  Ichiro at the plate.  An 11-0 game and virtually the entire crowd was on its feet.


  The post-game parade with big heads of Marlins.

While the game was a blow out, and I was by myself and Ichiro did not get a hit, I still had a good time.  The Marlins did not do a good job in customer service though.  Guest services was out of First Game Buttons, and also out of schedules.  I signed up for designated driver but they ran out of coupons so I did not get my free drink.  Considering they should have known they would have a larger crowd, they should have been better prepared.

2 comments:

  1. Bobble Heads? Post game big heads of Marlins? Ted Williams' cryogenically frozen head?
    Guru

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and that and NO free soda? Coors Field here in Colorado was no big hit with Mike, but at least we got our free soda's. So, that MUST mean Marlins Park is going to rate lower Coors.

    ReplyDelete