Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Home of the Brave(s)

I left Florida and started the trek back north(west).  As usual, I found a Museum on the way to my ultimate destination.  Atlanta was the destination.  I remembered I had a 1996 Olympics T-shirt,, which were held in Atlanta.  First up was the Museum of Aviation.  I wish I had more time to spend there as it was an excellent museum with lots of stories of flyers, especially from WWII.
  At least this time I did not have any trouble getting to the museum, as it is located adjacent to, but not actually on the base.
  Hundreds of models of planes.
  I have seen movies of Maj. Scott before.
  It was easy to remember where I parked as I was only 50 yards from the Olympic Rings that are still there from 1996.
  The Braves mascot, HOMER.
  The Braves Museum for only $2 was a bargain to me.  Yes, I have each of these cards.
  Giving hitting tips to Hammerin Hank Aaron.
  Just hanging in the dugout until the game starts.
  There were more Pirate fans than Braves fans at the game.
  While not that old, this is the last season for Turner Field, so I am especially glad I got to see it.  You could tell they stopped maintaining it, as little things were not done. 
Tomorrow, on to Raleigh-Durham area and that is no Bull.












2 comments:

  1. a 1980 Run D.M.C. t-shirt "My Adidas" is valued at thirteen grand. A '96 Atlanta Olympics t-shirt not so much....,.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why aren't there any Braves players sitting next to Mike in the dugout? They must be giving Mike the "silent treatment". I have never experienced Mike being silent at a ball game, or a museum, or a restaurant, or a movie, or a ......

    ReplyDelete